Constitution Act, 1965, SC
By: Canada (Parliament)
Citation: Constitution Act, 1965 SC, c 4, reprinted in RSC 1985, App II, No. 39.
Other formats: Click here to view the original document (PDF).
(BRITISH NORTH AMERICA ACT, 1965)
[Note: The present short title was substituted for the
original short title (in italics) by the Constitution Act,1982 (No. 44 infra).]
14 Elizabeth II, c. 4 (Canada)
An Act to make provision for the retirement of members of the Senate
[Assented to 2nd June 1965]
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
AMENDMENTS TO CONSTITUTION
1. Section 29 of the Constitution Act, 1867 is repealed and the following substituted therefor:
29. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a Senator shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, hold his place in the Senate for life.
(2) A Senator who is summoned to the Senate after the coming into force of this subsection shall, subject to this Act, hold his place in the Senate until he attains the age of seventy-five years.”
2. This Part may be cited as the British North America Act, 1965, and the British North America Acts, 1867 to 1964, and this Part may be cited together a: the British North America Acts, 1867 to 1965.
2. This Part may be cited as the Constitution Act, 1965.
(Note: Section 2 (in italics) was repealed and the new section substituted by the Constitution Act, 1982 (No. 44 infra).]
Leave a Reply